- District Chitrakoot lies between Lat. 24° 48′ to 25° 12′ N and Lang. 80° 58′ to 81° 34′ E
- Distance Covered by district from East to West is 62 Km. & North to South is 57.5 Km.
- District is bounded in the North by Kaushambi, in the South by Satna(M.P.) Rewa (M.P.) , in the East by Allahabad (PrayagRaj), in the West by Banda.
- District is Linked with Roadways to all adjoining districts of Banda, Allahabad,Satna, Rewa & Kaushambi.
DISTANCE FROM FAMOUS CITIES
|Name of Cities
||Distance (In Km.)
The important rivers of district Chitrakoot are:
- Yamuna River
- Mandakini(Paishwani) River
- Gunta River
- Bagein River
- Ohan/Balmiki River
- Bardaha River
There are many mountains of Vindhyachal Parvat Mala, Main Mountains are as follows :
- Madfa Pahar : This mountain is situated in Karvi Tehsil
- Chitrakoot Parvat Mala: KamadGiri, Hanumaan Dhara, Janki Kund, Lakshman pahari,and Devangana are famous Religious mountains.
- Balmiki Pahar: This mountain is situated at allahabad & Banda National Highway Marg in Karvi Tehsil
Farming is the main business of District, other businesses are as follows :
- Stone Crasher
- Foot Wear Udyog
- Bidi Udyog
- Wooden Toys Udyog
- Murti Udyog
There are mainly five types of Soil in the district, which are following as:
- Kankirili Soil
- Kabar Soil
- Balui Soil
- Rakad Soil
- Padua Soil
- Winter : This season start from 15th sept. and very healthy season, but in January season is very cold and Temp. is down from 5°c to 0°c.
- Summer : After 15th March, Temprature is incresed upto 49°c. in May.
- Rain : In mid of June, Average Rain is 100mm(approx.).
Mostly people are depends on farming, there are three types of crops, which are as follows :
- Khariff : In this period, Main production of Agriculture goods like Dhan,Urd, Macca, Jawar, Bajra,Til, Moung,Reuncha, Sanva, Kakun etc.
- Rabi : In this period, Main production of Agriculture goods like Wheet, Channa, Jau, Pease, Mustard etc.
- Jayad : In this period, Main production of Agriculture goods like Water Melon, Kakri, Musk Melon, Mango, Jamun,Lemon etc.